Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/beatdownbrigade/beatdownbrigade.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/beatdownbrigade/beatdownbrigade.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/beatdownbrigade/beatdownbrigade.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Beatdown Brigade • View topic - Izaan, Hunter
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Izaan, Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am 
"Izaan - Hunter - Marksmanship/Survival"

I. About You

First Name: Jonathon (aka Jono!)
Occupation: Ph.D Student and University Tutor in Japanese History and Linguistics.
Can you meet our attendance requirements? (Y/N): Absolutely!
Would you describe yourself as reliable?: I thrive on schedules hehe.

(I want to just preface this application with a warning that this may or may not transform into an essay...apologies if you're not down for some 'light' reading haha).

II. About Your Character

Class: Hunter

Spec: Marksmanship/Survival

Armory Link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-feed.xml?r=Skullcrusher&cn=Izaan

Played Time: 18 days - this character is my first horde, on my first toon (human rogue) on alliance side I've played almost 90 days, I 'defected' to horde side and created my hunter because I have always loved the horde and had a great tendency towards playing horde, however my friends whom got me involved in WoW were all alliance! Much to my dismay. Now that I am a more confident player and have learned the ropes from my friends I dared step over to the other side, which I am very happy about. It all kind of worked out well though because my friends don't play very much anymore because of work commitments and the like, and my alliance ties have thus really died. My hunter is now officially my main, I've retired my alliance character (for the moment, unless I decide to faction change) because I much prefer playing the hunter class and rolling a Blood Elf hehe, so I will be playing this character 100% of the time, getting him geared and raiding every week.

Current Guild: The Blades of Chaos
Why are you leaving your current guild: the guild I am currently in is a very casual raiding guild with very few members, I joined because I didn't know anyone on the horde side on Skullcrusher and just wanted to make some friends! I was a bit lonely haha. I feel that I am a bit limited at the moment in terms of character maturation and progression through in-game content - which is extremely important to me because I spend a lot of time trying to better my gameplay, improve my character, and experience everything the game has to offer. I was lucky on alliance side because I had so many wonderful and experienced players to teach me so we could progress together as a team. However in my current guild I don't have much room to grow and blossom into the amazing huntard I could one day possibly be!
Current Server:
WWS / WOL Parse: I can get you more info for this at a later date, perhaps when I raid next week as I currently don't use WWS or WOL. I raided ICC10 earlier today, and ICC25 a few days ago, and my dps was up around 9k - I admit I am lacking a little in the gear department at the moment but I am working hard to improve that and grinding like crazy! Gameplay-wise though I'm pretty confident with my role as a ranged dps in any given raid experience, and if I'm unsure of anything I'm not afraid to ask for directions. I'm always willing to learn, especially from my mistakes.

III. About Your Raiding Experience

Vanilla: Blackwing Lair - Jenkins Title woohoo!, Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, Zul'Gurub (I've only been playing since the release of WotLK but that makes me want to do the old school raids even more! I feel like I missed out on a great chapter or two there, so any chance I get I jump into a Vanilla WoW raid).

TBC: Black Temple - loved loved loved the Mother Shahraz fight, she was really challenging even at level 80 - I hear she was a real pain back in the day? Really enjoyed the Illidan fight also it was nice to do some pre-WotLK endgame encounters. Sunwell Plateau - loved the epic finale to the Kil'jaeden fight! The twins were still a little tough, even at level 80! I guess some people thought level 80 meant god-mode? Lol. It's nice to see some people humbled from time to time. Also done Karazhan and Zul'Aman, Karazhan is such a cool and quirky instance :D.

WOTLK: This is where most of my raiding experience has been involved, once again due to my starting the game with the WotLK expansion. Done 'Champion of the Frozen Wastes' title so Naxx - Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad, OS - Sartharion +3 drakes for 'of the Nightfall' which was a nice little extra, and Malygos - won the Azure Drake! So stoked. Haven't done a full clear of Naxx yet but have done various bosses vis-a-vis the 'weekly'. I'd love to do a full Naxx run sometime soon though. I've done Ulduar up to Freya, unfortunately we couldn't continue because people needed sleep. So weak haha. Definitely want to finish Ulduar soon though it's such an amazing raid to experience. Have had my fair share of ToC10 and 25 pugs hahaha Anub'arak just keeps coming back doesn't he? And finally ICC - have done 10/12 in 25 man and 9/10 in 10 man, we most likely haven't finished it because of awful attendance issues...but I'm always bright and early! There's nothing worse than turning up 30 minutes early to what could potentially be a really exciting raid schedule and then not have people show up QQ.

Favorite WoW boss and why: I really like the Blood Queen for some reason...her character design is amazing and her storyline is fantastic, also the encounter with her is so much fun and presents quite the challenge until you learn her manoeuvres. Biting eachother and stuff. Brilliant.

Least favorite WoW boss and why: Flaaaaame Levi...bahaha it has been the weekly way too many times and it's just silly. I mean...it's fun the first time, but then just...no.

IV. About Your Computer

Processor: Intel Core i7 3.46ghz
Memory: 6GB ram
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 8800 GT
Operating System: Windows 7
Type of internet connection: (obviously because I'm connecting from Australia it isn't going to be the best! But the disadvantage isn't that immense and I've managed to do well in WoW so far! If I could move closer to Texas I would haha...or would I? Hmmm.)
Internet speed http://www.speedtest.net/result/876108487.png
Internet stability http://www.pingtest.net/result/20206296.png

Does your computer crash or internet disconnect frequently: what's that? I can't hear you...you're breaking up. No it's totally fine :)
Do you know how to troubleshoot latency: no but I can read up on it!
Do you know how to troubleshoot low FPS: ditto.

V. Extra

Your favorite book: The Scar by China Mieville - amazing speculative steampunk-esque fiction.
Your favorite movie: Y Tu Mama Tambien.
Your favorite TV show: The Office, and Arrested Development.
Most inspiring person: Mervyn Peake
Top 5 websites you visit regularly: Facebook + Youtube! (not gonna lie), WoWArmory, ElitistJerks, ArenaJunkies, and WoWHead.
Anything else we should know / final comments: ummm no I think my essay is ready for submission haha. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my application :) hope to hear from you all soon!

Post subject: Re: Izaan, Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:00 pm 

If ya want to try and decrease your Ping try reading and DL this if you haven't already.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... cyFix.html

For me and many I know that play not only wow but other online games has really decreased the ping. For me from avg of 200 down to 70 but thats state side. It might cut yours or it might not and it is really easy to undo if you see no results

Anyway good luck on your app.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:54 pm 
Wall.of.text.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:38 pm 

Aragos wrote:
If ya want to try and decrease your Ping try reading and DL this if you haven't already.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... cyFix.html

For me and many I know that play not only wow but other online games has really decreased the ping. For me from avg of 200 down to 70 but thats state side. It might cut yours or it might not and it is really easy to undo if you see no results

Anyway good luck on your app.

He's in Australia, his ping is gonna suck balls, I'm surprised it's under 300ms.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]